Two important principles of the Christian faith are God’s grace and mercy. They are addressed together always because they both represent God’s kindness and love for people. Anyone seeking God’s love might find motivation in these quotes about God’s kindness and grace.
Grace is God’s unexpected favour extended to people. God forgives those who believe in him, even when they don’t deserve it. Grace is freely given to everyone who accepts it; it cannot be earned or won by any human behaviour. Humanity is made right with God and given eternal life because of grace.
The opposite of mercy is God’s forgiveness and compassion for people. It represents God’s response to humanity’s sorrow and sin. Mercy is freely given to people who turn from their sin and turn to God; it is neither deserved nor earned. Mercy is what grants humanity forgiveness and a fresh start.
Grace and mercy work as together to save and transform humanity. Grace delivers the gift of life, while mercy offers the chance for forgiveness and an apology. In order for people to truly experience God’s love and grace, they both must exist.
In this blog, we will look into 25 best god’s grace and mercy quotes reminding us of God’s unconditional love and his willingness to forgive our sins.
Best God’s Grace and Mercy Quotes
His mercy is new every morning. – Lamentations 3:22-23
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. – Romans 5:8
The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in love. – Psalm 103:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. – Ephesians 2:8-9
Mercy triumphs over judgment. – James 2:13
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. – Lamentations 3:22-23
Grace is God’s love in action for those who don’t deserve it. – Robert H. Schuller
The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works. – Psalm 145:9
But his mercy and loving-kindness are for all ages to those who fear him. – Psalm 103:17
For he has not despised or abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; and he has not hidden his face from him, but has heard when he cried to him. – Psalm 22:24
The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him. – Nahum 1:7
Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. – Luke 6:36
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. – 1 John 1:9
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. – Matthew 11:28
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. – Psalm 46:1
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. – Psalm 23:1-2
Great is his faithfulness; his mercies endure forever. – Psalm 117:2
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. – 1 Peter 5:7
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. – Psalm 34:18
The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him. – Nahum 1:7
The Lord is full of compassion and mercy, slow to anger and abounding in love. – Psalm 145:8
The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. – Psalm 145:9
We have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. – Romans 3:23-24
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. – John 3:16
The blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. – 1 John 1:7
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace. – Ephesians 1:7
Disclaimer: All quotes credits goes to the respective writers/authors and full credits goes to them. We don’t own any copyrights we have curated from various sources.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some short quotes that express gratitude for God’s grace and mercy?
- “Grace is the voice that calls us to change and gives us the power to pull it off.” – Max Lucado
- “God’s mercy is fresh and new every morning.” – Joyce Meyer
- “God’s grace is sufficient for you.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9
What are some inspirational quotes about God’s grace and mercy?
- “Grace means that all of your mistakes now serve a purpose instead of serving shame.” – Unknown
- “God’s mercy is bigger than any mistake you’ve made.” – Unknown
- “Grace is not a license to sin, but a reason to live for God.” – Unknown
What are some Bible verses that speak about God’s grace and mercy?
- “But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved.” – Ephesians 2:4-5
- “Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” – Hebrews 4:16
- “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.” – Ephesians 2:8
What is a famous quote about the power of God’s grace?
- “Grace is the power that enables us to become more like Christ and do more for Him than we ever thought possible.” – Unknown
What is a good quote about the transformative nature of God’s mercy?
- “God’s mercy is not about Him overlooking our sins, but about Him transforming our lives.” – Unknown
What is the best way to understand the relationship between God’s grace and mercy?
- Grace is receiving something that we do not deserve, while mercy is not receiving something that we do deserve. In other words, grace is getting a gift that we did not earn, while mercy is not getting a punishment that we did earn. The relationship between God’s grace and mercy is that they both flow from His love for us and are freely given to us through faith in Jesus Christ.
Whether one is seeking comfort in times of trouble, or simply looking for inspiration and guidance on the spiritual path, these quotes about God’s grace and mercy presented here offer a rich and diverse array of perspectives to draw from.