Top Bob Marley Quotes on Life, Love & Happiness
It is no surprise that great lyricists, artists, musicians, and screenwriters become great because they can express what people are feeling better than the people who are actually feeling it. They also became great because they are relatable to people and help them in time of need. Music is one of the biggest ways people also escape their thoughts or even unleash them, therefore it is no coincidence that some musicians defined the era in which they lived, or one can say the era they changed. Bob Marley is one of those people who changed the era he lived in and still continues to influence people in the 21st century. The feeling or emotion he best expressed and continues to is the feeling of love. Read some of the popular bob marley quotes in this article.
There are a lot of quotes by Bob Marley.
The Era He Defined
It feels almost weird to find out or even say it out loud that Bob Marley recorded his first songs around the 1960s. It is truly a feat to stand the test of time and live on for more than five decades, especially with something so trendy as music. People regard his songs as evergreen.
Impact on the 21st Century
You can still find love quotes by Bob Marley as people’s social media captions or statuses trying to explain how they are feeling today or something that is on their mind. He is also one of the biggest reasons that people even know about reggae music and continue to enjoy it. While it is true that he had become an icon, he became an even bigger icon for marijuana usage which he promoted outwardly. With the legalization of marijuana in many states in the United States, you can easily spot people wearing a shirt with his face on it.
Best Quotes by Bob Marley
We have established that love quotes by Bob Marley are famous and evergreen. Furthermore, his quotes even span along to different philosophical subjects like life and happiness. It is believed that his quotes were influenced by his own love life more than what he saw around him. The size of his family speaks volumes about what he knew and how he translated that into words that portrayed all kinds of love. He did not just speak of true love, but also of love that hurt, cruel love, brave love or even love worth suffering for.
The truth is that no one will ask you who is Bob Marley and what he achieved. His songs, quotes and love compositions paved the way for the modern love stories and the future of the reggae music genre. He may not be alive anymore but his music lives forever and will continue to live forevermore. His life was one that consisted of not only becoming an icon of music, love, diversity but also the legalization of marijuana for medicinal and pain-relieving purposes. His quotes, his impact on the 21st century, and the era he defined is a very short summary of a long legacy.
- The greatness of a man is not how much wealth he acquires, but in his ability to affect those around him around him positively.
- You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
- Don’t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright.
- The most beautiful things are not perfect, they are special.
- The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?
- True friends are like stars; you can only recognize them when it’s dark around you.
- One love, one heart, one destiny.
- Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.
- None but ourselves can free our minds.
- The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
- Don’t gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.
- Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but it’s everything in between that makes it all worth living.
- Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more.
- The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a woman without the intention of loving her.
- You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.
- Love, friendship, laughter… Some of the best things in life really are free.
- You can fool some people sometimes, but you can’t fool all the people all the time.
- Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.
- Why drink and drive if I can smoke and fly?
- Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.
- Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.
- Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?
- Nothing is wrong if it makes you happy.