A broken heart is one of those painful experiences that many people can relate to. Everyone sometime in their life might have already gone through or might go soon through a broken heart phase especially in today’s world. Heartbreak has become popular as many breakups are happening around the world and that heartbreak has put on painful weight which is not easy to carry on with.
The painful reality of a broken heart is only known by the one who shares the broken heart syndrome.
As humans, we are wired to receive and experience a huge amount of love and affection and sometimes who love and affection becomes the reason for the ultimate sadness. But as every action has an opposite reaction heartbreak has the opposite reaction too. It makes the person strengthen and activates that motivation factor and then he/she works harder than ever.
When it comes to the ecstasy of true love, that reaction is a gut-wrenching pain, a deep void of sadness, utter lethargy, and feelings of seemingly eternal loneliness.
How To Get Over A Breakup
Mending a broken heart takes a lot of courage and there are so many reasons why sometimes a broken heart is better than being in a relationship.
- It keeps you busy and clears your mind
- You start looking at the world with a different perception
- Not everything in the world comes happily sometimes sadness also visits you.
- A broken heart is not the end of everything.
- Once broken you close your heart and only open it if you think you can trust that person
A broken heart can do wonders or creates clutters but it all depends on how you behave. You can attempt at reaching your goal by casting aside the pain and focusing on only one thing or cry out every day in the memory of them like a typical broken-hearted person might do.
There are times when mending a broken heart is not easy especially during that freshly broken heart period like a day after the breakup it becomes hard to gather yourself and all the thoughts at one place due to so many disturbances happening. In order to clear out all the disturbances, there are some broken-hearted quotes that will allow you to mend your broken heart and also make you realize why a broken heart sometimes if just a perfect remedy or a needed medicine for you.
Below are some of the handpicked heartbroken quotes which are compiled in such a way that once you read them they will capture your mind and allow you to set free.
- There were many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts being broken by love, but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream-whatever that dream might be. – Pearl Buck
- It is a curious sensation: the sort of pain that goes mercifully beyond our powers of feeling. When your heart is broken, your boats are burned: nothing matters anymore. It is the end of happiness and the beginning of peace. – George Bernard Shaw
- For my part, I prefer my heart to be broken. It is so lovely, dawn-kaleidoscopic within the crack. – D.H. Lawrence
- I’d rather have a broken arm than a broken heart. – Christie Brinkley
- The cure for a broken heart is simple, my lady. A hot bath and a good night’s sleep. – Margaret George
- But a part of me lies buried in lace and roses on a riverbank in France-a part of me is broken off forever. A part of me will be unflyable, stuck in the climb. – Elizabeth Wein
- Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime. – Mineko Iwasaki
- Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option. – Mark Twain
- Love is unconditional. Relationships are not. – Grant Gudmunson
- The heart will break, but broken live on. – Lord Byron
- Everyone in life is going to hurt you, you just have to figure out which people are worth the pain. – Bob Marley
- You can’t buy love, but you can pay heavily for it. – Henny Youngman
- The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt. – Max Lerner
- No matter how hard your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief. – Faraaz Kazi
- “You find out what you are made of when you have a broken heart. If it happens early and often, all the better.” – Isabel Gillies
- “Of course! It takes a lot of strength to mend a broken heart. Channelizing energies into your work helps, but also to be able to accept situations for what they are instead of questioning them helps immensely.” – Deepika Padukone
- “I’d rather have a broken arm than a broken heart.” – Christie Brinkley
- “God can heal a broken heart, but He has to have all the pieces.”
- “I don’t want to break someone’s heart, but you can’t control that. A broken heart happens; that’s inevitable.” – Lykke Li
- “Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t.” – Stephen King
- “It hurts to breathe because every breath I take proves I can’t live without you.”
- “It’s hard asking someone with a broken heart to fall in love again.” – Eric Kripke
- “A broken heart is the worst. It’s like having broken ribs. Nobody can see it, but it hurts every time you breathe.”
- “Doctoring her seemed to her as absurd as putting together the pieces of a broken vase. Her heart was broken. Why would they try to cure her with pills and powders?” – Leo Tolstoy
- “My mouth says, “I’m ok.” My fingers text, “I’m fine.” My heart says, “I’m broken.”
- “Love lasts about seven years. That’s how long it takes for the cells of the body to totally replace themselves.” – Francoise Sagan
- “So here’s the thing with broken hearts. No matter how you try, the pieces never fit the way they did before.”
- The shattering of a heart when being broken is the loudest quiet ever. – Carroll Bryant
- To heal the broken heart, break the hate. The more you get mad, the more you get sad.
- We draw maps of each other’s pasts. Heartbreaks colored in black. Grief outlined in purple. The happiest times shaded yellow. This is how we learn each other. We are so scared and brave. We are so terrified and willing. We rewrite the definition of brave and it is this: love again. love again. love again. – Fortesa Latifi
- I loved you; and perhaps I love you still, the flame, perhaps, is not extinguished; yet it burns so quietly within my soul, no longer should you feel distressed by it. – Alexander Pushkin
- You can die of a broken heart — it’s scientific fact — and my heart has been breaking since that very first day we met. I can feel it now, aching deep behind my rib cage the way it does every time we’re together, beating a desperate rhythm: Love me. Love me. Love me. – Abby McDonald
- The heart is the only broken instrument that works. – T.E. Kalem
- The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you.
- A broken heart is what makes life so wonderful five years later, when you see that special guy in an elevator and he is fat and smoking and saying “Long time no see.” – Phyllis Batelle
- I know what it’s like to have a broken heart. I know what it’s like to feel pain: When my songs don’t become hits, it breaks my heart. There are a million ways to break a heart. I can relate. – Diane Warren
- When you go through heartbreak, you just do the things that get you by. Eventually, you realize it’s about making the most of life. – Britney Spears
- Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell. – Edna St. Vincent Millay
- Sometimes a little heartbreak is a lesson, and the best thing to do is just learn the lesson. – Jon Voight
- She broke her own heart, holding onto him. – R.H. Sin
- Someday you’re gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You’ll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing. – Elizabeth Gilbert
- Perhaps someday I’ll crawl back home, beaten, defeated. But not as long as I can make stories out of my heartbreak, beauty out of sorrow. – Sylvia Plath
- You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, who had ever been alive. ― James Baldwin
- It’s funny how artistic we become when our hearts are broken. – Hotel Books
- Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could. – Louise Erdrich
- Only time can heal your broken heart. Just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs. – Jim Henson
- I often say, ‘My last relationship failed and didn’t paralyze me. My last heartache didn’t kill me. Why would this one? I will not break. — Sujeiry Gonzalez
- It is a dull sensation, your heart breaking, like the sound of a pebble dropping on the sand. Not a shattering, not a tearing apart, there is nothing shrill or grandiose about the sensation. It is merely an internal realization that something treasured you never knew you had is leaving forever. – Samantha Bruce-Benjamin
- If you’re really listening, if you’re awake to the poignant beauty of the world, your heart breaks regularly. In fact, your heart is made to break; its purpose is to burst open again and again so that it can hold evermore wonders. – Andrew Harvey
- “I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it. I’m crying because my delusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are.” – Steve Maraboli
- “I will never regret you or say I wish I’d never met you. Because once upon a time you were exactly what I needed.”
- “Grief is not as heavy as guilt, but it takes more away from you.” – Veronica Roth
- “I’ll be okay is that what you want to say?”
- “I just want to feel like I belong.”
- “Everyone in life is gonna hurt you, you just have to figure out which people are worth the pain.” – Bob Marley