“Being alone” when you hear the word people might think it as a bad thing but no it isn’t and though some might think you are anti-social or not in good position to be in there are benefits of being alone too.
I’m not advising you to go all Tom Hanks in Cast Away, because no one can argue the benefits, and the joys, that come along with fulfilling relationships with other people which sounds precious.
But what I’m saying is that once you learn to enjoy being alone, you will grow faster as a person.
Below are four things that will happen once you start being alone.
You’ll get to recharge.
When we are around someone, we tend to use a lot of energy. Trying to make them laugh, communicating with them leads to consumption of abundant energy. It is mentally draining if you are always connected to other people. When you are alone, you can ease up and enjoy without communicating or making anyone laugh. You can recharge your energy for the next day.
You’ll get in touch with your own emotions.
When you are surrounded by people, you continually try to read and cater to other people’s emotions while neglecting yours. When you start to enjoy alone, you gain a higher perspective on your feelings. You create a deeper understanding of what makes you happy and what upsets you the most. With that knowledge, it becomes easier for you to regulate your own emotions.
You’ll start doing things you enjoy.
When you are busy with other people you continuously do things to their liking so that they would continue enjoying your company and unfortunately sometimes what you want to do the most is not possible doing during the entire group and this when if you alone help you out. When you are alone, you get to do the things. You wanted to do without any restrictions or imposition. You do all that you want without worrying about anything. You don’t have to worry about other people because you are alone and all you have to care about is you.
You’ll enjoy your relationships even more.
When you spend time alone, you’ll realize how important relationships are, and if you ever go into a relationship you’ll know what connection means and will never get into troubles and you will come to find that you can enjoy with other people even more and that’s because you spent a lot of time for self-appreciation. You also appreciate all the great things that come from your relationships with other people, and you’ll get a break from always trying to keep other people happy.
Life is filled with relationships, and most relationships only last when both people are happy. And that might be a difficult task depending on who you are in contact with. Now, this doesn’t just mean personal but every kind of relationship.
Once you’re alone, the only person’s happiness you have to worry about is your own. You can treat yourself too thing that makes you happy and here are some best 50+ Being Alone Quotes, Sayings, Messages For Him/Her that you can read when you feel down.
- I’m learning a lot about myself being alone, and doing what I’m doing. Chantal Kreviazuk
- Loneliness expresses the pain of being alone and solitude expresses the glory of being alone. Paul Tillich
- The best part about being alone is that you really don’t have to answer to anybody. You do what you want. Justin Timberlake
- As I get older I’m more and more comfortable being alone. Sienna Miller
- Being alone is very difficult. Yoko Ono
- I only go out to get me a fresh appetite for being alone. Lord Byron
- Standing alone is better than standing with people who don’t value you.
- You smile, but you wanna cry. You talk, but you wanna be quiet. You pretend like you’re happy, but you aren’t.
- Standing alone doesn’t mean I am alone. It means I’m strong enough to handle things all by myself.
- You may feel lost and alone. But God knows where you are and has a good plan for your future.
- When I get sad, I hurt myself. When I hurt myself, I feel pain. When I feel pain, I cry.
- Leave me alone!
- Everybody move on and I wonder why I can’t. Is there something wrong with me?
- If love is universal, no one can be left out.
- I am not alone because lonliness is always with me.
- I am fighting alone and being depressed is an everyday fight.
- I restore myself when I’m alone.
- It is better to be alone than in bad company. – George Washington
- The best part about being alone is that you really don’t have to answer to anybody. You do what you want. – Justin Timberlake
- When we truly realize that we are all alone is when we need others the most.
- We are all so much together, but we are all dying of loneliness.
- The most terrible poverty is loneliness and the feeling of being unloved. – Mother Teresa
- My heart never knew loneliness until you went away. I’m missing you.
- I will wait till the day I can forget YOU or the day you realize you can’t forget Me.
- The trouble is not really in being alone, it’s being lonely. One can be lonely in the midst of a crowd, don’t you think ?
- I don’t have a lot of friends, I just know a lot of people.
- All men’s misfortunes spring from their hatred of being alone. – Jean de la Bruyere
- Loneliness expresses the pain of being alone and solitude expresses the glory of being alone.
- As I get older I’m more and more comfortable being alone. – Sienna Miller
- If a man cannot understand the beauty of life, it is probably because life never understood the beauty in him.
- Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I’m most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me.
- My alone feels so good, I’ll only have you if you’re sweeter than my solitude.
- Loneliness is never crueler than when it is felt in close propinquity with someone who has ceased to communicate.
- I think what I need more than anything else in the world is to be told that a friend doesn’t know what they would do without me.
- Some people can’t stand being alone. I love solitude and silence. But when I come out of it, I’m a regular talking machine. It’s all or nothing for me. Celine Dion
- Don’t go away. I don’t want to be alone. I can’t stand being alone. Arnold Rothstein
- I’m so accustomed to being alone. Leighton Meester
- Autobiography begins with a sense of being alone. It is an orphan form. John Berger
- Sometimes life is too hard to be alone, and sometimes life is too good to be alone.
- The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.
- Keep in mind that to avoid loneliness, many people need both a social circle and an intimate attachment. Having just one of two may still leave you feeling lonely.
- If nobody will help you do it alone.
- Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering – and it’s all over much too soon. – Woody Allen
- Sometimes, you need to be alone. Not to be lonely, but to enjoy your free time being yourself.
- I like to listen to sad music when I’m sad to make me double sad.
- Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work. – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- If you wanted to do something absolutely honest, something true, it always turned out to be a thing that had to be done alone.
- In order to be open to creativity, one must have the capacity for constructive use of solitude. One must overcome the fear of being alone.